Many believe daily brushing and occasional flossing are enough to keep a smile healthy for a lifetime. However, routine cleanings are vital to maintaining good oral health.
Regular dental cleanings and exams help your smile stay healthy! During your cleaning, our dentists and hygiene team will gently clean your teeth and pinpoint any areas that could cause problems in the future. We will also meet with you to get to know you better and answer any questions you have about your oral health.
Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office, and we take extra care during every appointment to make sure your smile stays free of issues. During your cleaning and exam, our hygiene team will:
- Clean your teeth by removing any plaque or tartar (also called dental calculus), which can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Evaluate the health of your gums and bone.
- Floss and polish your teeth.
- Take dental X-rays to evaluate your teeth for any signs of decay or infection.
- Examine your smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions or diseases.